A Solid and serious family business
Thortrans is a solid and serious family business with over 40 years in the transport sector. The company was started by Thorbjørn Kristensen in 1972 and today it is run by his sons Henrik and Lars Kristensen.
At Thortrans we take pride in operating our business according to laws and regulations, this is one of the reasons why we have been in business for over 40 years.
Thortrans employs about 160 employees, of which 100 are drivers. We serve companies in all industries and organize first class transportation solutions to suit any need.
Our fleet consists of 90 tractors, 15 rigids/center axle trailer and approx. 150 trailers.
- From 1 December 2015, Hvejsel Møbeltransport was bought and Hvejsel becomes part of Thor Trans, along with Hvejsel Movers Thortrans offers privat relocation, private delivery and installation in the Nordic countries, Hvejsels offices is located in Aarhus and Copenhagen, Hvejsel will continue as an independent part of the group . www.hvejsel.com
- From 1 February 2013, Anders Sørensen's Furniture Transport A/S became a part of Thortrans, and by doing that two of the industry's major players were brought together under one roof.
- From 1 January 2013 is Thortrans & Conway now the Scandinavian agents of Tramo Furniture transport in Italy, through Tramo we now offer furniture logistics worldwide.
- In October 2012, we acquired Conway Furniture Transport Aps, which operates in Norway, Sweden and Finland. This meant that we now cover the entire Nordic region.
- Over the years the acquisition of Kubik Furniture Transport and Børge Jensen Furniture Transport has made us leading in the industry, and in 2007 we inaugurated the new headquarters of 6000 m2.
- In 2001, we opened a 7,000 m2 warehouse in northern Randers, we offer storage of all types of goods. The total storage area has since been extended to 25000 m2.In 2013 we moved our warehouse to Randers south, to more modern premises. Thortrans has driven the warehouse since 1979.
Our fleet consists of 60 trucks, 150 trailers, 3 combinations and 7 vans.
Fleet Management is installed in all vehicles so that drivers can load the card and concentrate on driving. Our fleet management system keep the drivers informed electronically, so they always know where the next job is waiting. In this way we use cars optimal and saves fuel.
Thortrans has its own workshop, where we constantly keep our trucks closely watched and continuously renew the vehicle fleet. We analyze fuel consumption and comply with prescribed service intervals. At our workshop, we employ three mechanics who constantly optimize our fleet carrying capacity and performance, prevents possible mistakes and discover any flaws before serious problems arise.
Thortrans celebrated its 40th anniversary in 2012, the same year the family could behind Thortrans celebrate its 100th anniversary in the haulage industry.
The Social Thortrans.
At Thortrans we have a culture that we take a great social responsibility among others for those people who for various reasons have difficulty finding its place in the labor market. Over 10% of our staff has started on special terms, but is employed on the usual terms. In addition, in collaboration with the Municipality of Randers created a department where we constantly have 10-15 people in work placement and and clarification process.
Thortrans ambition is to be the best in its field, both in terms of the way we operate and develop the business, environmental protection and employee satisfaction. We want to create a creative company focused on our customers, growth and development and make a noticeable difference. We will be an inclusive workplace where employees like to be where there is a familiar working environment, room for diversity and social responsibility, and not least to the great thoughts and dreams. We make a difference.