All our employees must be aware of what we can do to protect and make the environmental impact as small as possible. Everyone in the company takes responsibility for ensuring that we use as little energy as possible and treat all waste environmentally correct.
We focus on a healthy and safe working environment for our employees and others who come in connection with the company's activities.
We focus on reducing electricity, heating and water consumption in all buildings. We are constanly in dialogue with business partners, industry organizations and authorities in regards to the company's environmental work.
- In October 2019, Thortrans co-founded the Fund, the Global Material & Asset Fund, www.materials.fund The Fund aims to ensure sustainable global recycling of the world's resources through circular, traceable recycling of plastics that can be marked, traced and recycled using a unique technology. The fund's business plan supports the UN 17 global goals.
- In 2019, Thortrans was named the year student education company by HK Privat East Jutland.https://www.hk.dk/aktuelt/nyheder/2019/12/16/aarets-elevplads-og-aarets-elev-er-kaaret
- In 2019 we ran the first test where the fuel was HVO Diesel, HVO Biodiesel is a 100% biological diesel fuel that has almost the same technical characteristics as fossil diesel.
- In 2019, we purchased the first 100% electric-powered electric car, which has a range of more than 400 km on a charge
- In September 2018, Thortrans Randers A / S became the first logistics company in the world FSC-Recycled, certified in the field of recycled products, one of the products being a wooden pallet made of heat treated waste wood and at the same time a member of FSC Denmark. A strong desire to promote the green agenda lies behind the decision.https://dk.fsc.org/dk-dk/presse-og-downloads/nyheder/id/1470
- In April 2018, Thortrans won the Danish Transport Award as the growth business of the year. The award went to Thortrans because the company's strategy and IT development has created growth and jobs and made Thortrans one of the leading transport companies within furniture logistics https://itd.dk/nyheder/itd-nyt/2018/thortrans-vandt-danish-transport-award-2018/
- In November 2017, Thortrans was awarded the CRS award by Randers municipality. The CSR award is awarded in recognition of the companies' overall efforts and contributions to creating an inclusive labor market in Randers Municipality.
- In December 2016, Thortrans, together with the organizationsJysk Børnforsorgen og Randers Bo og Erhvervstræning , founded the Social Economy Fund, the GOGGS Foundation "Gold and Green Forests" www.goggs.dk the fund must create jobs for people with reduced working capacity and socially disadvantaged, the profits from the fund's work must go to charitable purposes. The fund operates among other things. the recycling shop Finderiet www.finderiet.dk which creates jobs for people with reduced ability to work. Thortrans offers all customers a collaboration where they can donate their surplus furniture or similar to the recycling shop Finderiet, for the benefit of the environment and to create jobs for people with reduced working capacity in the social economy recycling shop Finderiet .